VENDOR INFORMATION AND RULES
**To download and/or print a copy, please use the PDF here:
VENDOR INFORMATION AND RULES.
- Cancellation/Refund Policy: A vendor may cancel his/her reserved vendor space for a full refund through July 31, 2023. Between August 1 through September 30,2023, vendor cancellations will receive 50% of their paid registration. No refunds will be given on or after October 1, 2023. A vendor who does not set up at the festival by 8 a.m. Saturday, October 21, 2023, will forfeit their space and the space is available to be rented.
- Tents: If vendor is using a portable/pop-up tent, you musthave each tent leg weighted down with at least 40 lb. weights. BWF organizers are not responsible for damaged tents.
- Electric: There is limited electric for craft vendors. Please submit requests for craft vendor space with electricity as soon as possible to be considered. Electricity spaces are limited.
- Water: Water hookup is available for food vendors only.
- Food Trucks/Vendors: Your entire truck and/or set up (including content, tables, tents, generators, ice coolers, trash cans, trailer tongue, etc.) are required to fit within the space you register and pay for. We will assign vendor spaces to ensure there is 10 feet of empty space between each vendor as a fire safety measure. We will not permit vendors to overflow beyond their assigned spaces for any reason. Because vendor space may be limited, you may be required to move your set-up to another space large enough to accommodate you if one is available or asked to leave if space is not available to relocate you. Please measure your set up to be sure you are reserving what you need.This keeps pricing fair for ALL vendors. Thank you.
- As always, all food vendors must abide by Preble County Health Dept. guidelines and must have appropriate permit(s). For more information, please contact them directly at 937-472-0087.
- Trash: The BWF will provide a roll-off trash container for all vendors to use during the festival. Festival trash cans are reserved for use by festival attendees only and use of the festival trash cans by vendorsis prohibited. All BWF Vendors are required to dispose of their own trash at the end of each day or throughout the festival as needed. All cardboard boxes must be broken down before disposal. Discarded grease must be put into appropriate containers before deposing in the dumpster and no grease should be poured directly into the dumpsters, on the ground or into your water drainage system.
- CRAFT/NON-PROFIT/PRODUCT VENDORS located on Lafayette Street are permitted to set up on Friday, October 20 beginning at 12:00 noon and again on Saturday morning at 6:00am.
- FOOD VENDORS located on Bloomfield Street are permitted to set up on Friday beginning at 4:00 pm (we have to wait on the school buses to depart) and again beginning at 6:00am on Saturday morning.
- NO VENDOR MAY PARK ON, LINE UP OR BLOCK BLOOMFIELD STREET BETWEEN ROUTE 127 AND MAIN STREET BETWEEN 2:00-4:00 ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 20thTO ALLOW SCHOOL BUSES TO ARRIVE AND SET UP FOR TRANSPORTING AFTER SCHOOL.
- For the safety of our guests, all vendors must be set upwith all personal vehicles out of the festival area by 8:30 am on Saturday morning. Please quickly unload your vehicle and remove it from the street so others may reach their space as well.
- Vendor Parking:We have reserved parking for vendors in the gravel and grass lots behind the school near the ball fields. Vendors may NOT park in the paved areas in the school parking lots and the drive on the East side of the building. (Those areas will be barricaded.)
- Security: Festival area will be patrolled again this year by police officers from 5:00pm Friday & Saturday nights to start of the festival the next day at 9:00am. While we have never had an issue with theft or vandalism, we take these extra precautions with police patrol for our vendors. Vendors are still responsible to secure their booths and the BWF is not liable for any vandalism or theft occurring during vendors’ participation in the festival.
- Inappropriate Items:The BWF organizers reserve the right to request the removal of any item considered extremely inappropriate or offensive, or that are illegal.
- 2024 Festival:During the 2023 Festival, we will provide the opportunity for our vendors to reserve their same space(s) for the 2024 Black Walnut Festival at the 2023 price! You must come to the BWF booth sign up with us between the designated times in order secure the pricing. The BWF booth is located at the corner of Central and Lafayette street space 66.
- Animals: No pets are permitted on the festival area, including the sidewalks behind our vendors. Service dogs are the exception, but you must be able to provide verification/documentation that the animal is a service animal.
- Political Vendors: Political candidates and organizations are welcome to participate in our BWF Parade but are not able to purchase a vendor space.
- Disclaimer: Camden Comeback, Committee or collective members or volunteers for those are not responsible for injury, loss of or damage to property, or theft that may arise or occur from anything associated with the Black Walnut Festival event. All liability is the sole responsibility of the vendors.